James is one of Thomas the Tank Engine's friends.
- something to color with
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color pieces, as necessary
- #1 is black,
- #2 is red,
- #3's are yellow on the outside, black in the center,
- #4 is red on the bottom and grey on the top
- #5's are black
- #6 is black with grey wheels
- #7 is black with a grey face and red tabs on the bottom
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance and can be done prior to craft time (if you're colouring the cut out pieces, put a roll of masking tape on the back and tape lightly to newspaper or scrap paper).
- Glue the pieces together (see the picture above for how the finished
product should look). It's a good idea to pre-do one before doing these crafts with
a bunch of young kids, so they can see what it looks like finished.
- Glue #2 (the "body") on top of #1 (the smoke stack)
- Glue #3s towards the top of the roof
- Glue #4 under #2
- Glue #5's on either side of #4 (sort of like headlights)
- Glue #6 under #4
- Glue #7 on front of the whole thing
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).