This is an adorable and really fun craft for kids to make. This craft gives kids the oppurtunity to express there creative side by decorating the birds nest and making cute little birds to go inside.
Kaitlyn had a lot of fun making this craft and was tickled pink when she finished making the pompom birds because they were SO cute. You can read more about her experience making the bird nest in this blog post.
- paper plate,
- brown paint,
- construction paper (earthy colors like brown, beige, orange etc),
- wool or string (earthy colors for the nest and vibrant colors for the birds)
- Optional: wiggly eyes
- Paint the bottom of a paper plate brown and cut it in half.
- Cut strips of construction paper and wool (I used earthy colors like brown, yellow, beige and orange) and glue them onto the bottoms of both halves of the paper plate.
- Staple the two halves of the paper plate together to make a nest.
- Make a pompom bird (or several) using this Wool Pompom Craft. Use any color of wool you like (Kaitlyn used a vibrant blue so that her birds would stand out in the nest).
- Make sure you make your bird big enough that it won't fall into the nest.
- Optional: Glue wiggly eyes and a construction paper beak (cut a diamond out of orange construction paper and fold it in half) onto the pompom bird to give it a face).
- Optional: Stuff the inside of the nest with crumpled construction paper or tissue paper.