DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Chick Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This chick is a simple cut and paste paper craft that is fun
for young children to make. It makes a great project for preschool
and kindergarten kids and works well for an animals, birds or chicks theme.
There is a small (single page) and larger (two templates) version to choose from.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- glue, and
- You can use brass tacks ("brads") instead of glue to attach the head or wings
if you want them to be moveable.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate).
- Cut out the template pieces -- parents can help cut out some of
the more difficult pieces like the wings while children work on the
easier pieces like the body and legs.
- Glue the chick together in the following order:
- Glue the feet behind the body
- Glue the wings onto the body
- Glue the egg into one of the hands
- Glue the head onto the body
- Glue the beak onto the head
- See picture on the template for further help
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Small Template (only 1 template
Large Template (2 templates needed)
Print friendly version of these instructions