DLTK's Crafts for Kids
3D Canada Day Paper Craft
This is a cute, simple paper craft that results in a 3D decoration you can hang around the room.
- OPTIONAL: crayons (or paint, markers, etc)
- string, thread, ribbon or wool
- Print template and color as desired
- Cut out the template pieces (may require adult assistance and can be done before hand).
- Cut on one of the dotted line right up to the center.
- Fold the piece so it is colored on both sides. Glue together.
- Slide the pieces together, top to bottom
all I have is the
snowflake image to show you how it's done.
- Glue a ribbon or thread onto the top (or hole punch a small hole and tie a ribbon through (I used a thread and it worked really well).
- instead of simply coloring the template, here are some thoughts for alternatives:
- red sparkles or sparkle glue
- Salt Drip
- 3 parts flour
- 1 part salt
- food coloring (red would be nice),
Mix together 3 parts flour, 1 part salt, food coloring, and enough water to make a dripping consistency but not too runny. Use a popsicle
stick to drip onto paper shapes. Will dry hard and sparkly.
- grated chalk (take a piece of sidewalk or chalkboard chalk and rub it with course sandpaper to get chalk dust. Pour the dust over glue
covered paper. Red chalk would be nice.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE,
PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template (Maple Leaf)
Print friendly version of these instructions