DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Birthday Bear Paper Craft
Tip 1: Glue the bear to the front of a folded over piece of construction paper or a doily to make a cute card.
Tip 2: Purchase fancy paper from the scrapbooking store and print the
B&W version onto this for an extra fancy Bear.
Tip 3: Scotch tape a straw or popsicle stick to the bottom to make a puppet
Tip 4: Glue a small piece of sandpaper on the back to make a felt board character
Tip 5: Cut construction paper into 4 inch wide strips as
long as you can make them. Tape two together to make even longer.
Measure around child's head to make a construction paper 'crown'. Glue Bear to front of the crown to make a hat.
- something to color with
- Print out the template of choice. You need both templates to make one bear.
- Color (where appropriate).
- Cut out the template pieces. (the pieces on the template are at
about the angle they will be on the finished craft. That should help
you sort out which pieces belong where).
- Glue pieces together:
- Glue the small oval (tummy) onto the large oval.
- Add the arms and legs onto the body.
- Glue on the head.
- Add the muzzle and eyes.
- Add the nose.
- Glue the cake into one of the hands.
- Glue the gift into the other hand.
- Glue on the hat onto the head.
Option for mass-producing - young children: Print
out the B&W template. Trace the pieces onto stiff cardboard (back of
paper pads works well) or margarine/ice cream container lids. Cut out to
make permanent templates. Allow the children to trace these
permanent templates onto different colors of construction paper to make their bear.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Birthday Bear template 1 (color) or
Birthday Bear template 2 (color) or
Print friendly version of these instructions