[Clifford the Big Red Dog] [Birthday Index] [Cakes] [Cards] [Coloring] [Crafts] [Games] [Themes] [Treat Bags]
- Make a BINGO game using pictures, signs or words from the series.
One viewer suggests:
Doggy Where's Your Bone
- Relay Race: children carry a dog biscuit on a teaspoon.
- Give the guests dog tags to wear around their necks. Have them "engraved" using a
permanent black marker, with their "dog names," - have the kids make up their own dog names.
- Have a face painter decorate the guests' faces to look like dogs
- Just turn a red cup upside down. Cut out red felt ears and glue them on. Add some wiggly eyes and a black pompom nose. We then took a black marker and made a mouth. Being you are using it at a party you could make it without turning the cup upside down and add some party favors into the cup for a cute send home treat.
One viewer suggests:
- Red and White streamers and balloons would work well with the Clifford color scheme.
- Paw prints to the party area.
Justan's Mom suggests:
- We got an old refrigerator box from our local furniture store, and my husband turned it into a "doghouse"
- We made cardboard ears for all the guests
The purchase of one appropriately shaped cookie cutter can go a long way!
- I made dog bone shaped Peanut Butter & Jelly (make sure the guests aren't allergic!), egg salad, & bologna/cheese sandwiches, dog bone shaped cookies with red frosting, dog bone shaped red Jell-O jigglers (make a big cookie sheet of jello jiggler and cut out once set).
- The children can decorate their cookies with icing and sprinkles as a food activity.
- "Puppy Snacks" or "Kibbles and Bits" can either betrail mix, Chex mix, or bits and bytes.
- Hot Dogs.
- Serve treats in clean dog dishes.
- Glue small images (from coloring pages or clipart) onto toothpicks. Let dry. Stick in the top of cupcakes for an instant theme party treat!
- Make a Giant Dog Bone Cake. Bake two four cupcakes and one rectangular loaf cake. Set two cupcakes at each end of the rectangle cake, to make bone shape. Frost with red frosting.