Frog Birthday Party Ideas
Our site has loads of free printables for
use at a Frog themed Birthday Party, including greeting cards, treat bags,
doorknob hangers, coloring pages and crafts. Many of these are needed for
every party and many of the others make great treat bag additions or even gifts
for the birthday boy or girl. Check out our Frog
Section for all of these
ideas would be good to go along (especially for girls invited) -- expand to
the Princess Kissing the Frog idea.
But we all know there's more to a party
than things you print out! Here are some ideas to fill in the gaps:
- Make a BINGO game using pictures, signs or words from the series.
- A game you could play with the children is a spin off of leap frog (but
minus the other kids). Place different colored rings on the floor (pool
supply stores should have some, or make your own). Have each child choose a
card from a hat - have on each card the color name (written in that color of
course). The child then needs to jump to the other side of the ring course
using only their color rings.
- "leap frog relay race." You could draw flies on balloons
or water balloons (or just use small black balloons) and try to toss them
into a bucket with a frog on it. It's not easy to throw a balloon
- lily pad x's and o's using construction paper to make the lily pads and
putting x's (frogs) and o's (bugs) on them
- create lily pads/ islands out of old carpet squares, mats or large sheets
of fun foam. You play music and they 'swim' around the pads but mustn't
touch them until you stop the music and everyone has to dash for a pad like
One viewer suggests:
- You can set up an obstacle style course in the life cycle of a tad
- Have the children start out popping out of an egg type shell (can be a
pillow case) and then do a 'potato sack' thing for when they are tad
- then when they jump out that is when the tad pole gets it's legs....
- and then you can use your imagination and hanging 'bug fruit or gummi
fruit' from a tree and the children have to try to eat one w/out using
- The paper
mache frog with frozen juice lid bugs are a great game.
suggests: play a bean bag toss game. Make lily pads from fun foam
the kids to toss frog
bean bags onto - the lily pads
could be different sizes, with the smaller pads having higher 'points'
- a plastic visor (from a craft store or a dollar store) to make frog
visors. Big google eyes glued on foamy pieces pre-cut for the rounded eyes
One viewer suggests:
- Green streamers and balloons would work well with the frog theme.
The purchase of one appropriately shaped cookie cutter can go a long way!
- I made frog shaped Peanut Butter & Jelly (make sure the guests aren't allergic!), egg salad, & bologna/cheese sandwiches,
frog shaped cookies with green frosting, frog shaped green Jell-O jigglers (make a big cookie sheet of jello jiggler and cut out once
- The children can decorate their cookies with icing and sprinkles as a food
- Glue small images (from coloring pages or clipart) onto toothpicks.
Let dry. Stick in the top of cupcakes for an instant theme party
- We buy chocolate frogs and then tip cooled green jello over them. Very
easy - great if you do them in plastic clear cups or the like.