Print out the crossword with words about emojis and expressing emotions-- you have a choice between an easy crossword for younger children and a more challenging crossword for older kids and adults.
Encourage the children to think and fill in the letters. I think crosswords are a great way to expand and practice vocabulary words and reinforce themes you are studying.
Information on Ages/Skills for the different crossword difficulties:
- Picture Crossword - easy (with word list):
- intended for preschool through grade 1 children who are learning to read and form their letters
- children sound out words from the word list and then match them with the picture
- children copy the words from the word list into the crossword puzzle.
- Picture Crossword - easy (no word list):
- intended for grade 1 through grade 3 children who are learning to spell
- children use the picture clues to figure out the words that go in the crossword
- children print the words from the picture clues into the crossword puzzle.
- Picture Crossword - hard (with word list):
- intended for grade 1 through grade 4 children
- children use pictures of emojis and the word list to figure out where the words go in the crossword (there are more emojis and they are slightly more difficult)
- children print the words from the word list into the crossword puzzle.
- Word Clues (Regular) Crossword (no word list):
- intended for grade 3 and up
- children use the emoji pictures to figure out the crossword
- children print the words into the crossword puzzle.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).