One of the best parts of Valentine's Day is the recieving and giving of valentine's day cards. When I was little I would spend an entire weekend with my mom putting together Valentine's day treats for all of my classmates. Then, in class, we would all go around and deliver our cards and treats to each others Valentine's holders.
This craft is a very cute version of a Valentine's Day card holder, and the adorable emoji theme adds some extra excitment.
- printer and paper,
- something to color with (if using the B&W template)
- two paper plates,
- yellow paint,
- glue stick,
- wool or embroidery thread (yellow, red, or pink),
- OPTIONAL: construction paper
- Print template of choice.
- Color as necessary (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces (the pieces of the emoji face are8 the same angle as they should be when you glue them to the paper plate, this should help with positioning).
- Paint the bottom of one paper plate yellow, and let dry.
- Once dry gut the paper plate in half (you only need on half).
- Glue the emoji face template pieces onto the painted paper plate half.
- Put the rims of the plates together so that it forms a sort of pouch. (Optional: You can paint the inside of the second paper plate if you want. I left it white becaue I thought the emoji face stood out more).
- Hold the paper plates in place with tape, string, or bull clips.
- With a hole punch, punch holes all the way around the edge of the half plate, but through both plates.
- Tie wool in a knot around the first hole. (If you don't have wool you can use other string, like embroidery thread, but I recommend using a few lengths of it to keep the plates secure).
- With the wool, "lace" the half plate to the full plate. (you can "sew" the plates together using any stitch you like) -- I have a simple whip stitch pictured, but you could do a running stitch or a blanket stitch.
- Write one letter of your name onto each smaller heart until you spell out your name. (We've included these in the templates, but you can also cut these out of construction paper if you'd prefer).
- Glue the hearts onto the top of the paper plate so that it shows your name.
- Hang onto the wall or bulletin board and use the pouch to hold Valentine's Day cards.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).