DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Butterfly Windsock Craft
- tissue/crepe paper (whatever color you like)
- something to colour with,
Tip from our viewers: You
can make this craft using fun foam instead of paper (just trace the template pieces onto the fun foam) and strips of colored plastic instead
of crepe paper (we used a white plastic trash bag and cut it into
strips). This makes a wind sock that you can proudly display outside
all summer long without worrying about it being ruined by the rain!
It makes a lovely gift for mother's day.
- Print two copies of the first template (or just use a couple pieces of colored paper).
- Color, as appropriate, and cut out to remove the white edges (the printer won't print an entire sheet of paper so there are
- Glue or tape them together to make one long strip of paper
- Print one copy of the second, third and fourth templates.
- Color, as appropriate, and cut out.
- On the long strip, create the butterfly's face:
- glue the mouth on the bottom of the face
- glue on the eyes and nose
- Attach the ends of the long strip to make a tube.
- roll the antennas around a pencil to make them curly and glue them to the top of the head
- Glue or tape strips of crepe paper or tissue paper to the bottom of the tube so they rustle in the wind
- Staple the string to the top and hang up.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template 1 color or B&W
(print 2 copies)
Print friendly version of these instructions