This is a simple cut and paste paper craft for young children to make. I originally designed it to accompany the Spanish nursery rhyme "La pobre viejecita" but you can use it for lots of different themes such as:
- Families theme
- the grandmother from Little Red Ridinghood
- Old Mother Hubbard
- the Little Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly
- the Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe
- you could even color her outfit red and use her as Mrs. Santa Claus!
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. You can cut out template 1 (grandma) or just cut out template 2 and glue all the pieces onto the full sheet of template 1. It's up to you!
- Glue the grandma together in the following order:
- purse into one of the hands
- hair decoration (little tiara)
- pearl necklace (this can be a little challenging to cut out so feel free to skip them, grandma still looks nice without them!)
- See picture on this instruction page for further help if you feel you need it.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).