Star Alien Craft
Shapes, Scissor Skills, and Counting Practice
This craft can be used to teach a variety of skills. You don't
have to use all the thoughts for lessons... just choose the ones you're
working on with your child. There is a second template with a body
that you can optionally use.
Thoughts for Lessons:
- This craft has lots of simple shapes to cut out -- good scissor practice!
- You can precut the template into separate pieces (roughly) to make it a bit easier for beginning crafters to cut out the shapes.
- show the children two stars and ask -- is this one bigger, smaller or the same size as that one.
- Count the circles and the stars.
- Print out the template.
- If using the B&W template, color the pieces.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the head (smaller star) onto the body (larger star).
- Glue the moon shaped mouth onto the head.
- Glue three eyes onto the head.
- Glue the tummy eyeball onto the center of the body star.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).