DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Train Shapes Craft
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft using shapes to assemble a train engine that is easy for young children to make.
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- You can assemble your train however you like it! It doesn't have to be just like mine, but here are the steps to how I did it.
the large, fat rectangle on it's side.
- Glue the tall rectangle on the back.
- Glue the large circle on the front.
the three wheels on the bottom of the train:
- the two small wheels should go towards the front
- the large wheel should go on the back.
the triangle on the front, in front of the first wheel.
- Glue the small, skinny rectangle connecting the front wheels to each other.
square on top (just above the front circle) and the last rectangle on top of that.
- And you're done!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions