Contributed by a viewer. Thank-you Trinda!
- 4 matzohs
(Cracker found in kosher sections of most groceries. Don't use the onion or garlic ones.)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 c. Honey
- 1/4 c. Oil
- 2 T. Horseradish-(weird but it works)
(It's an herb signifying the bitterness of the Jews when they left Jerusalem)
- 2 apples peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c. Raisings
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. Nuts (optional), chopped
- Break the matzohs into pieces (they're quite large) and soak in some water until they're soggy.
- Drain the matzohs.
- Combine the eggs, salt, honey, oil, cinnamon, and horseradish.
- Add to the matzoh.
- Mix in nuts, apples, and raisins.
- Place in an 8" square baking dish (greased).
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Visit our printable recipes section to print this recipe on 3x5, 4x6 or full page.