Contributed by Helen. Thank-you!
"I make up my own sugar cookie recipe but I bought the muffins. These are really cute and fun to make and decorate."
(Makes a dozen bonnets)
- 1 (18-oz.) pkg. Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookies (Alternative Sugar Cookie recipe)
- 12 purchased lemon or orange mini muffins
- 2 cups vanilla frosting (from two 16-oz. cans)
- Green and red food color
- Using slice and bake method, bake and cool 12 cookies as directed on cookie wrapper. Reserve remaining dough for a later use.
- If necessary, remove papers from muffins. Cut 3/4-inch slice off bottom of each muffin to use for bonnet. Reserve muffin tops for
snacking. Spread cut side of each muffin bottom with frosting; attach to cookie, frosting side down. Place bonnets on rack set over 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Place 1/2 cup frosting in resealable plastic bag. Add green food color; squeeze bag until well mixed and of desired color.
- Place remaining frosting in microwave-safe measuring cup with pouring spout. Microwave on HIGH for 30 to 40 seconds or until pourable. DO NOT BOIL. Stir in enough red food color for desired pink color.
- Pour pink frosting over bonnets in circular motion to cover completely. Reheat frosting as needed to keep it pourable. Let stand 10
minutes or until set.
- Remove bonnets from rack with small spatula, smoothing edges of frosting. Cut tiny hole in corner of bag with green frosting. Pipe
ribbon of frosting for hatband; add bow design. Make dots and flower designs on each hat as desired.