Contributed by a viewer. Thank-you Trinda!
Here is an extremely easy recipe for a traditional Chanukah dish that kids
can help with.
- 1 egg
- 1 t. milk
- 1 large potato
- 1/4 c. cheddar cheese
- 1 T. Flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and peel the potato.
- Carefully grate the potato and the cheese (watch for little fingers if
the kids help!).
- Beat the egg, milk and flour together with a whisk.
- Combine all of the ingredients and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Heat a frying pan and add just enough oil so the potatoes don't stick.
- Drop the potato mixture by spoonfuls into the hot pan and fry until
lightly browned on each side.
- Serve with applesauce and sour cream.
- It's best when it's hot.
Printable Version of this Recipe