Contributed by Helen. Thank-you!
- 16 oz. Pkg. chocolate chips (melted),
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup confectionary sugar
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1/2 cup margarine
- cocoa (powdered)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Grease springform pan and dust with cocoa.
- Melt chocolate with margarine.
- In a large bowl mix egg yolks and vanillawith a fork. Slowly beat warm melted chocolate into yolks until blended.
- In small bowl beat whites until stiff, and slowly add confectionary sugar. Fold whites into chocolate mixture 1/3 at a time.
- Bake for 1 hour until toothpick thrust into top of torte comes out almost clean.
- Cool torte in pan. Cut into 12 wedges.
- Alternating, dust every other wedge with cocoa and then confectionary
sugar. Garnish with