DLTK's Crafts for Kids
These are great in the summer with a little bit of syrup spread on them and accompanied by lots of watermelon!
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
the flour with the salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the flour and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well using your hands.
- Put the dough on a floured board or table. Use more flour to
make it less sticky
- Roll the dough.
- Cut into strips about 2" x 4" and cut a slit in each strip.
in oil. (We use canola or vegetable oil in a dutch oven filled
half full and heated to about 375 degrees.)
- When the first side is browned turn over to brown the other side.
(Use two forks to turn them over.)
- Put as many as you can in the fat at one time but leave room to turn
- Remove when brown and put them on paper towel to absorb any extra