Contributed by a Helen. Thanks for sending this in!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup castor sugar (icing sugar)
- pink and green food coloring (optional)
- whipped cream
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not yet dry.
- Fold in half the sugar and beat again until the mixture will stand in a firm dry peak.
- Fold the remaining sugar in carefully.
- Divide the mixture into three bowls.
- Add a few drops of pink food coloring to one and a few drops of green to the second, leaving the third one white. Mix both to a delicate pale color.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or Aluminum foil and spoon blobs of mixture on to the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200' F. (100' C/ gas mark 1/4) for about 4 (four) hours.
- Allow to cool, then sandwich together in pairs with whipped cream.