It was Hat Day at preschool and it just happened to be Kaitlyn's turn
to bring a snack so we thought we would get creative and make a cookie
shaped like a top hat. It turned out to be a lot of fun and the
kids really enjoyed them.
Makes about 12 cookies.
- 1 box of brownie mix (or your own recipe)
- chocolate sugar cookies (separate
- chocolate frosting
- strawberry or cherry rolled fruit snack
- Bake brownie according to package directions and let cool.
- Mix sugar cookie dough and roll it flat. Cut out circular
cookies about 3 inches in diameter. (We used a large drinking glass
to cut them out.)
- Bake the sugar cookies according to the recipe. They should end
up slightly larger.
- Cut round pieces of brownie smaller than the sugar cookies. We
used a slightly smaller glass than we did for the cookies.
- Frost one side of the brownie and then stick it to the top of a
- Cut the rolled fruit snack into long narrow strips and wrap it
around the bottom of the brownie to hide the frosting.
Printable Version of this Recipe