[Apple Crafts] [Graduation] [DLTK-Teach] [KidZone] [Teacher Appreciation Week]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Fun Foam Purse
The girls had fun making these in preparation for school. I'm not sure they'll really be using them for school, but Kaitlyn's preschool slippers fit inside nicely so you never know!
See the photo at the bottom of the page for a close up of the purse.
- 2 foam sheets (they cost under 50 cents a sheet)
- construction paper, foam or felt in "flower" colors
- long piece of wool or ribbon.
- hole punch
- Optional: a few beads (we used home made paper beads)
- Cut a lengthened half circle out of the foam sheets (two identical
shapes). We cut ours freehand, but you can trace the template
- Put the sheets together (you can secure with paper clips for the time
being) and punch holes about an inch apart all the way around - but NOT
along the top (straight edge).
- Tie a piece of wool or ribbon to the top hole (through both pieces of
- Lace up all the way around
- Cut petals from construction paper, foam or felt (we used felt) -- 4 from
a flower color and 2 from a leaf color
- Cut a small circle from the scrap foam from the purse.
- Arrange like a flower and glue to the front of the purse.
- Tie on a long string of wool or ribbon as a strap (if you're practicing
braiding with the kids, you can make a braided strap).
- Optional: Tie a few strands of beads onto the purse (the paper beads look really pretty if you coat them with nail polish!)