This is a really fun and simple project to suit an olympic theme. Children can use their handprints to make the flames of the olympic torch! This craft would make an excellent decoration and a cute keepsake.
- washable paint -- red, orange and yellow,
- colored construction paper (I used blue),
- paper and printer.
- Print out your template of choice or make your own torch. If you are using the B&W template, color in the olympic torch.
- Make the handprint fire:
- Paint your hand with a thick layer of red, orange, and yellow paint (like a fire). You can also dip your hand in the paint, but I find it is easier to paint it on with a paintbrush.
- Press your painted hand onto the top of a piece of colored construction paper.
- OPTIONAL: You can also trace your hand on red or orange construction paper and cut it out. Then glue the paper handprint onto the large piece of construction paper.
- Glue the torch onto the blue construction paper as if the the handprint is the flames of the olympic torch.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).