USA Crafts: [Bald Eagles] [Flag Day] [Presidents and Uncle Sam] [Wreaths] [Other USA Crafts]
This red, white and blue rocket is a simple three dimensional rocket craft that is fun for kids to make and play with on the Fourth of July.
- toilet paper roll,
- something to color with,
Optional: If you want a taller rocket, you can use a paper towel roll instead of a toilet paper roll. Just use construction paper, or paint instead of the rectangular template piece to cover it.
Optional: If you're hanging your rocket up, you can stuff a bit of
red and yellow tissue paper in the back to make it look like there is
flame coming out while it's flying.
- Print out the Fourth of July rocket template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft).
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Add stars around the rocket and the cone.
- Cut out the circular shape and glue where indicated to form a
- Apply glue around the top of the toilet paper roll
- Place the cone on top of the toilet paper roll and let it sit for about an hour to dry.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).