DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Fourth of July Rocket Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This red, white and blue rocket is a simple three dimensional rocket craft that is
fun for kids to make and play with on the Fourth of July.
- toilet paper roll,
- something to color with,
Optional: If you want a taller rocket, you can use a
paper towel roll instead of a toilet paper roll. Just use construction paper, or paint instead of the rectangular template piece to cover it.
Optional: If you're hanging your rocket up, you can stuff a bit of
red and yellow tissue paper in the back to make it look like there is
flame coming out while it's flying.
- Print out the Fourth of July rocket template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft).
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Add stars around the rocket and the cone.
- Cut out the circular shape and glue where indicated to form a
- Apply glue around the top of the toilet paper roll
- Place the cone on top of the toilet paper roll and let it sit for
about an hour to dry.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions