DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Memorial Day Learn to Print Tracer Pages
Learn to print Memorial Day vocabulary words with these full size coloring pages (or posters) in your choice of fonts. Children can make their own little Memorial Day "dictionary" to refer back to during spelling quizzes and creative writing time.
When I was in high school, my chemistry teacher always let us bring a cheat sheet that we put together in to tests. Oddly, the act of making the cheat sheet usually made me remember everything on it (I rarely had to refer to it) -- now I realize he was just tricking us all into studying -- most of us spent hours trying to design the perfect cheat sheet *laugh*.
I believe that allowing young children to create their own dictionary for spelling quizzes will have the same effect for many kids; the act of creating the dictionary teaches them the word(s). You can let them use all the pages or you can restrict the children by allowing them to bring in only one or two pages with what they feel is their hardest word(s). Restricting them to just one or two pages is my preference; it requires the children to think over the words before they decide which page they should bring and it gives them a sense of control over the resources they have during the quiz.
Tracing font options available:
- crayons or something else to color with
- Click on the link of your choice (below) to print the template.
- Color or paint the picture (if you choose the B&W version).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Standard Block Font Memorial Day Tracer Pages:
Pre-cursive Font Memorial Day Tracer Pages: