This is a simple three dimensional craft that can be done "just for fun" or to go with the children's story about “Marie and the Orange Fish” theme.
Children can use their cut and paste skills to create the character of Marie.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue the belt around the middle section of the toilet paper roll craft
- If using template 2 (the skirt), form it into a cone and slide it over the toilet paper roll at this time. You can use a bit of glue around the "belt area" to hold it on, but I usually just let it sit on loosely.
- Glue Marie’s head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms onto either side.
- Glue the orange fish into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).