DLTK's Crafts for Kids
German (Bavarian) Lederhosen TP Roll Craft
This is a simple three dimensional craft that can be done "just for fun" or a Germany theme. The accordion was
invented in Germany and is still often used by German folk music bands. Bavaria is a state in south eastern Germany.
- toilet paper roll
- something to colour with if using the B&W version,
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- the slightly larger part is the shirt (white)
- the slightly smaller part is the legs (beige)
- the lines running vertically designate the legs. They should go at the front of the craft.
- Glue the smaller rectangular piece (the shorts) around the tp roll, just above the legs.
- Glue the suspenders onto the front of the body, just above the shorts.
- Glue on the head and arms.
- You may need to trim the arms a bit shorter depending on how you decide to place them. In the photo, we folded a bit at the end of the arm and
glued that to the tp roll so the arms spread out in the air.
- Fold the tabs on the feet and glue them on the inside of the tp roll to give a 3D effect.
- Glue the trachten hat onto the head.
- Glue the accordion into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions