DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Chinese Medal (Necklace)
Originally made for the Olympics, this makes a cute necklace for kids to wear
for any Chinese occasion.
Alternative CRAFT IDEAS: These templates can also be used as a mobile
(just make 4 of them and arrange them at the ends of 2 crisscrossed drinking
straws) or as a CD Rom coaster (just glue the template onto a CD ROM and put
clear contact paper overtop to seal).
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons (if using B&W template),
- ribbon, string or wool (long enough so the medal
will go over the child's head)
- Optional: cardboard (can use old cereal
- Optional: clear contact paper (can purchase
at office supply stores
- Print out the templates of choice.
- Color as appropriate.
- Cut out template piece.
- Optional: Cut out a circle of cardboard the
same size as the medal. Glue in between the two halves to make it sturdier.
- Fold medal in half and glue together.
- Optional: Cut out two circles of clear
contact paper slightly larger than the medal. Sandwich the medal in between the
pieces and trim as necessary. This will make the medal sturdier and water proof.
- Poke a hole in the top and thread string, ribbon or wool
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Chinese Medal Template (color)
Print friendly version of these instructions