DLTK's Crafts for Kids
I wasn't exactly sure (other than wooden
shoes and tulips), how to dress these characters. I remember going on a tour of the Netherlands when I visited Europe and seeing a fisherman
by the border in Holland who was dressed like this (truth be told, I think he was "posing" for the tourist buses)... Hopefully I've
done ok. My grandma's from the Netherlands, so I'll have to print this out and get her stamp of approval!
I've provided a template of clothes and accessories that
you can add to most of the Favorite
Friends or Animal toilet paper roll crafts. So, make
yourself one of about 100 possible Dutch toilet paper roll critters like Blue's Clues,
Pikachu, a mouse, a hippo, a panda bear... You get the idea!
- a toilet paper roll
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- your favorite Favorite Friend or Animal toilet paper roll craft template.
- Print out the Dutch template and Favorite Friend/Animal template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the rectangle from the Favorite Friend/Animal template onto the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the Dutch rectangle (suspenders) over top.
- Glue on the other Favorite Friend/Animal template pieces.
- You can use the wooden shoes or the character's feet depending on which you prefer.
- Glue on the hat.
- Glue the flag into one of the hands and the tulips into the other.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Dutch Friends Template (color)
Print friendly version of these instructions