This is a simple craft that toddlers and preschoolers can easily make.
I didn't make a template for this craft as the shapes are so easy to cut out.
If you want to make it with older children, you can have them draw on a face and glue on some wool hair. Or use wiggly eyes instead of drawn eyes.
- triangle of construction paper
- circle of construction paper
- circle of white paper or a paper doily
- OPTIONAL: glitter glue, sequins or sparkles
- Decorate the triangle of construction paper with glitter glue, sequins, sparkles, or markers
- Fold doily in half and glue it together..
- Glue doily to the back of the triangle
- Glue circle to the top of the triangle (see photo).
- When going through the craft, you can ask the kids to point to the
triangle and point to the circle.
- ask whether the doily circle or the construction paper circle is bigger
- ask whether the triangle or the circle is bigger (this is a tougher question as the shapes are different).
- when they fold the doily, point out that it is now HALF a circle.