These simple word lists tie the bible story to our various worksheets (word search, tracer pages, word wall words, etc.)
The advanced word list includes all of the words on the easy one plus a few extra challenging words (5 to 10). It is also presented in a smaller font.
Ideas for using the word list:
- use as vocabulary words for spelling practice.
- have the children work in groups to research and discuss the meaning of the words on the word list, then create individual journals (mini dictionaries) with definitions and an example sentence for each word.
- have the children chose one of the words and draw a picture inspired by that word
- have the children write a poem or short story using words from the word list
- have the children categorize the words by the parts of speech. You can also add additional words that aren't part of the word list but relate to the word list words (for example, you can add "brown" to the adjectives as in 'brown basket'). The parts of speech are:
- conjunction, or
- After reading the creation story, you can also have the children make their own list of words they would like to learn more about. Having children come up with one "What in the World? Word" each time they read a story is a great way to build vocabulary.
- Use the complimentary sentence sequencing cards to practice creating sentences using the word wall words and common sight words.
- Hang the word list on the wall so all of the children are able to see them (make your own picture clues or use the word wall word templates)
Word list template: