DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Fold and Cut Gingerbread Man (Woman) Chains
- Cut the bottom off a paper bag and slit up one side. This will give you a very long piece of brown paper (you could use
a regular piece of paper, but your chain won't be as long).
- Cut a 5 inch wide strip out of the paper (as long as you can make it) and accordian fold it (back and forth, back and
forth). Make the folds the width or a bit less than the template pieces.
- Trace the template piece onto the top fold.
- Cut out (don't cut the ends of arms or feet or your chain will fall apart!)
- Unfold your chain and decorate with markers, paints, wiggly eyes, sequins, bits of lace, wool and ribbon or anything
else you have on hand.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions