DLTK's Crafts for Kids
This is a fun craft for very young children to make -- anyone who can
wield a paintbrush can make this craft.
- white paper (cardstock, construction paper or heavy bond computer paper
- white wax crayon (crayola, etc)
- tempra paint
- paint brush
- Draw stars on the white paper with white crayon.
- I know this sounds odd but it will make sense as we go
- For very young children, an adult can do this prior to craft time --
it will make the project seem very magical to them
- mix tempra paint with water to make a wash (about 3/4 tempra to 1/4
water -- Add a wee bit more water if the paint is still quite thick).
- Paint over the white paper with your tempra paint wash and watch the stars
magically appear in the night sky!
Print friendly version of these instructions