DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Handprint Chick Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This cute chick will give you something to remember
those little crafting fingers with. (It makes a great
gift for long distance grandparents!).
- a printer,
- paper for the printer,
- yellow or white construction paper
- crayons (or something else to color with).
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the face pieces (circle eyes and triangle beak)
onto the head.
- Glue the legs onto the body.
- Now comes the fun part! Trace your child's hands
onto another piece of paper (yellow construction paper works well or
use white paper and color in).
- Glue the hands onto the body (thumbs up) to form wings.
Alternative decorating ideas:
- Instead of gluing on the wings, you can use brass bendable
tack things so the wings can be moved (I always forget what those things
- If you don't have a color printer, you can print one
black & white copy on yellow construction paper and a second copy on
white. Then mix and match the pieces.
- Buy feathers (or pluck your old feather duster!) and
glue a few feathers onto the top of the chick's head.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions