DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Ox or Bull Toilet
Paper Roll Craft
This is a simple, three dimensional bull craft that young children
enjoy making and playing with.
"I read my children
The Story of Ferdinand
(the bull), and then we did the TP roll craft. It fits perfectly
the moment in the book when Ferdinand sits on the bee!"
- a toilet paper roll,
- a printer,
- something to colour with,
- glue, and
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the rectangle
is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too
small, just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue on the head, tail and legs.
- We put him together as if he was sitting on his haunches --
they don't do this of course, but this is the simplest way for young
children to construct the craft. It also gives the animal
a "cartoon" feel which the kids seem to like.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions