DLTK's Crafts for Kids
This makes a wonderful container to hold easter
treats. You can fill the whole thing with treats or stuff the bottom
with shredded paper and add a few chocolate easter eggs on top
Easter Bunny Milk Carton Container
3 year old easily put it together, though I had to cut the carton and some
of the smaller pieces. The handle is a good thing for beginning
scissor users to try cutting out.
- an empty 2 L milk carton,
- a printer,
- glue or tape,
- 3 sheets of white construction paper or typing paper
- Optional: 1 cotton ball (tail)
- Optional: wiggly eyes (optional)
- Print and cut out the template of choice.
- Color and cut out the template pieces.
- Cut the top off a milk carton and discard the top (or save it for a
different craft). You can cut off as much of the top as you like...
it depends on how tall you want your container to be.
- Cover your milk carton with the white paper (it takes about 2
- Glue on the template pieces (you can just cut out the nose from the
template and then use a black marker or pencil to replicate the way
I've done the mouth. Or just cut a big square around the
template mouth and glue the whole square on).
- You can also substitute wiggly eyes for the template eyes.
- Cut out the rectangular template piece
and glue to the sides of the container to use as a handle. You can
glue it to a piece of thin cardboard or construction paper to make it
a bit more sturdy, if you like.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).