DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Penguin Egg Carton Craft
Two egg carton cups, some paint and a few scraps of construction
paper are all you need to make this cute little penguin craft.
I find the hardest part of the craft is attaching the top and bottom
together... this may require some adult assitance.
- 2 egg carton cups
- black tempra paint or acrylic paint
- orange and black construction paper scraps
- OPTIONAL: two small wiggly eyes.
- cut two cups from an egg carton and trim to smooth out
- paint the cups black on the outside... you can paint
the inside too or leave it unpainted -- then let dry
tape the two cups together, using one piece of tape on
the inside of the cups to make a "ball shape" from the egg
cartons that opens and shuts -- I find this to be the
toughest step. It may require adult supervision.
- cut out a couple of triangle shapes and tape them to the
openings to make a beak
- use wiggly eyes or a black marker to add eyes.
Add black construction paper wings and orange
construction paper feet (glue them on)
you can put a little treasure inside the penguin
(jellybeans or chocolate eggs work well).
Print friendly version of these instructions