Two egg carton cups, some paint and a few scraps of construction paper are all you need to make this cute little penguin craft.
I find the hardest part of the craft is attaching the top and bottom together... This may require some adult assitance.
- 2 egg carton cups
- black tempra paint or acrylic paint
- orange and black construction paper scraps
- Optional: two small wiggly eyes.
- Cut two cups from an egg carton and trim to smooth out the tops.
- paint the cups black on the outside... You can paint the inside too or leave it unpainted -- then let dry
- tape the two cups together, using one piece of tape on the inside of the cups to make a "ball shape" from the egg cartons that opens and shuts -- I find this to be the toughest step. It may require adult supervision.
- Cut out a couple of triangle shapes and tape them to the openings to make a beak
- use wiggly eyes or a black marker to add eyes.
- Add black construction paper wings and orange construction paper feet (glue them on)
- you can put a little treasure inside the penguin (jellybeans or chocolate eggs work well).