DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Chameleon Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This is a cute three dimensional chameleon craft that is fun for young children to
make and to play with.
This TP roll chameleon craft is a great accompaniment to the children’s
The Mixed-Up Chameleon
by Eric Carle.
- toilet paper roll
- something to colour with,
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube. Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the
rectangle is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too small,
just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue on the head and arms.
- Fold the tail in half so it's colored on each side. Fold the tab and
glue to the back of the tp roll to give a 3 dimensional effect.
- Fold the feet tabs and glue to the inside, bottom of the tp roll.
- Glue the paintbrush into one of the hands. (chameleons change colors
to blend into their surroundings... they don't use a paintbrush *grin* but I
thought it got the point across)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions