DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Circle Black Panther Craft -
Skills, Colors, and Counting Practice
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This craft can be used to teach a variety of skills. You
don't have to use all the thoughts for lessons... just choose the
ones you're working on with your child.
Materials you'll need: scissors, glue, printer, paper
Thoughts for Lessons:
- This craft has lots of nice large circles to cut out --
good scissor practice!
- You can precut the template into separate pieces (roughly)
to make it a bit easier for beginning crafters to cut out the
- have the children make a pile of all the circles.
Brainstorm items in the household that are also circles (a plate
- verbally instruct the children on how to assemble the shapes
using the colors of the shapes. (ie: Take the red
circle and glue it on the black circle.).
- show the children two circles and ask -- is this one bigger,
smaller or the same size as that one.
- Count the circles.
- Count the circles of various sizes
- Glue the small red circle into the center of one of the
medium black circles.
- Glue the medium grey circle onto the medium black circle.
- Glue the large black circle under the medium grey circle.
- Glue two of the medium black circles on either side of the
nose/mouth (grey and black) circles
- Glue the other two medium black circles onto the top of
- Glue the two small green circles (eyes) onto the head.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions