Circle Cat Craft -
Shapes, Scissor Skills, Colors, and Counting Practice
This "scaredy cat" craft can be used to teach a variety of skills. You don't
have to use all the thoughts for lessons... just choose the ones you're
working on with your child. There is a second template with a body
that you can optionally use.
Thoughts for Lessons:
- This craft has lots of circles to cut out -- good scissor
- You can precut the template into separate pieces (roughly) to make
it a bit easier for beginning crafters to cut out the circles.
- Separate the circles and triangles.
- verbally instruct the children on how to assemble the shapes using
the colors of the shapes. (ie: Take the black circle and glue it
on the grey circle.).
- show the children two circles and ask -- is this one bigger, smaller
or the same size as that one.
- Glue the two grey triangles, slightly crooked, on top of the large
- Glue the two small pink triangles into the ears.
- Glue the small half circle mouth, the two eyes and
the small black circle (nose) onto the head.
Assembly - Template 2:
- to make the body, glue the head you've completed from template 1
onto the large body
- glue the circle paws onto the bottom of the body
- glue the tail together from the largest circle to the smallest and
attach to the body
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE,
PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
2 (optional) (color) or
Print friendly version of these instructions