This craft can be used to teach a variety of skills. You don't have to use all the thoughts for lessons... just choose the ones you're working on with your child.
Thoughts for Lessons:
- This craft has lots of nice large circles to cut out -- good scissor practice!
- You can precut the template into separate pieces (roughly) to make it a bit easier for beginning crafters to cut out the circles.
- have the children make a pile of all the circles. Brainstorm items in the household that are also circles (a plate for example)
- verbally instruct the children on how to assemble the shapes using the colors of the shapes. (ie: Take the black circle and glue it on the white circle.).
- show the children two circles and ask -- is this one bigger, smaller or the same size as that one.
- Count the circles.
- Count the circles of various sizes
- Glue the large white circle with the mouth on it to the blank large white circle.
- Glue the medium sized white circles (ears) to the top of the head.
- Glue the medium sized black circle (nose) on the muzzle (top of center).
- Glue the two small black circles (eyes) onto the head.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).