- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue the tail onto the back of the tube.
- Glue on the head, arms and legs (see photo above).
- We put him together as if he was sitting on his haunches -- they don't do this of course, but this is the simplest way for young children to construct the craft. It also gives the animal a "cartoon" feel which the kids seem to like.
- Tasha crossed his "arms" and legs in front of him and glued them together. It looks cute (she thought he looked too blank in front when the arms were just sticking out straight)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).