DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Donkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Some themes the donkey is suitable for are Shrek,
Bible, and the
Donkey, Donkey Old and Gray nursery rhyme.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue the tail onto the back of the tube.
- Glue on the head, arms and legs (see photo above).
- We put him together as if he was sitting on his haunches -- they don't
do this of course, but this is the simplest way for young children to
construct the craft. It also gives the animal a
"cartoon" feel which the kids seem to like.
- Tasha crossed his "arms" and legs in front of him and glued
them together. It looks cute (she thought he looked too blank in
front when the arms were just sticking out straight)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions