You can use the same template/instructions to make a kitty cat craft... just paint it a different color (like grey, white or black)
I've had a lot of requests for more paper plate crafts. This Tiger is made with a paper plate. I've provided templates for dinner sized and snack sized plates. If you don't have paper plates, don't fret! Just take a regular plate and trace it onto a piece of cardboard (old cereal boxes work great!) or use a margarine/ice cream container lid.
You can easily make a mask, by leaving off the eyes and cutting
holes. Attach (glue and tape) a popsicle stick or unsharpened pencil to the bottom
for the child to hold it to their face.Older children may prefer the toilet paper
roll version (Age 3+) as it is more challenging (although some days it's nice to have
an easy craft on hand when supper's running a bit late!)
Paint Plate orange and let dry
Draw stripes on with marker or paint
Color stripes in
Glue on face (paper ears, eyes and nose.
We used bits of wool for mouth)
it all depends on what option you use... You'll will need
- paper plate (whatever size)
- cardboard cut into a circle OR
- margarine or ice cream container lid
- orange paint,
- orange construction paper OR
- orange tissue paper
- black paint, OR
- black marker
- Paint your paper plate orange
- glue orange construction/tissue paper onto it (rip 1 inch (ish) squares of construction/tissue paper and glue them on with a mixture of 1/2 water and 1/2 regular children's white glue. This is sort of like mod podging)
MAKE THE FACE
- Print out the template of choice. Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces. (Younger children may require assistance with the cutting.)
- Or skip the template and cut/draw your own pieces on construction paper and glue them on.
- Draw a mouth with black marker or paint (see photo) or glue bits of wool in a mouth shape (this is what we did)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).