This is a cute and easy handprint craft suitable for preschool and kindergarten children -- it's one of those old standards I'm sure most of us remember making as children.
It goes well with a farm (animals) theme, letter L theme, March weather (lion/lamb) theme or a Bible theme.
- black construction paper (or grey)
- white pencil crayon or a silver marker
- cotton balls.
- Optional: scissors.
- Optional: wiggly eyes
- Place your hand on the black (or grey) construction paper.
- Your fingers should be slightly spread but the thumb should be out as far as possible.
- Fingers are legs and thumb is head.
- Trace your handprint.
- Optional: Cut out your handprint.
- Glue cotton balls all over the handprint but leave the tips of the fingers and thumb cotton free.
- Glue small wiggly eyes onto the head (tip of thumb) or use pencil crayon.
- Use a white pencil crayon or silver marker to add a smile.