This is a simple three dimensional animal craft that is fun for kids to make and play with.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to color with,
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces as appropriate and cut them out. (Hummingbirds are nice and bright: green, blue, red and purple are all great colors to use).
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- Glue tail onto the back of the toilet paper roll. I glued it to the inside back and then folded it upward a bit so it would sit flat on the table. I think it looks nice that way, but be creative.
- Glue the head onto the front of the toilet paper roll.
- Make it look like the hummingbird is flying by gluing the wings onto the back of the roll.
- Fold the feet and glue the tabs to the inside of the tube.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).