DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Hummingbird Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple three dimensional animal craft that is
fun for kids to make and play with.
- a toilet paper roll,
- something to colour with,
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them out. (Hummingbirds are nice and bright: green, blue, red and
purple are all great colors to use).
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- Glue tail onto the back of the tp roll.
I glued it to the inside back and then folded it upward a bit so it
would sit flat on the table. I
think it looks nice that way, but be creative.
- Glue the head onto the front of the tp roll.
- Make it look like the hummingbird is flying by gluing the wings onto the back of
- Fold the feet and glue the tabs to the inside of
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions