DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Brontosaurus Dinosaur Craft
(Littlefoot from Land Before Time)
This is a simple colour, cut and paste craft that uses a toilet paper
roll to give it a three dimensional effect. It's a lot of fun to
make for a dinosaurs theme or just for fun.
- a toilet paper roll,
- a printer,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- Glue the head, legs and tail onto the tp roll.
- you can do it so he's standing on all fours
- see photo of Cera for an
example of this method
- I use toothpicks glued to the back of the legs
for a bit of extra support
- you can do it so he's rearing up on his hind
legs as that is sometimes easier for younger kids.
- see photo of Blue's
Clues to get an idea of what this way looks like. Close photo window when done
viewing to return to this screen
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions