DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Brontosaurus Dinosaur Craft
(Littlefoot from Land Before Time)
This is a simple colour, cut and paste craft that uses a toilet paper
roll to give it a three dimensional effect. It's a lot of fun to
make for a dinosaurs theme or just for fun.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- Glue the head, legs and tail onto the toilet paper roll.
- you can do it so he's standing on all fours
- see photo of Cera for an example of this method
- I use toothpicks glued to the back of the legs
for a bit of extra support
- you can do it so he's rearing up on his hind legs as that is sometimes easier for younger kids.
- see photo of Blue's
Clues to get an idea of what this way looks like. Close photo window when done
viewing to return to this screen
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).