DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Print these "home-made" bookmarks for a special reading companion.
I like having the girls make these as a gift for special friends
or family for birthdays, Christmas, etc.
- crayons or something else to color with (for b&w print version)
- Click on the link of your choice (below) to print the template. Color as appropriate.
- Cut the bookmark out (one big rectangle) and fold in half
(left to right) along the center line.
- Glue so it stays folded together.
- Optional: cover with clear contact paper so it lasts
longer (you could also put a piece of cardboard in the center before gluing for a sturdier
- Optional: Poke a hole in the top of the bookmark and
tie a string/wool through as a tassel
- To make a tassel:
- wrap wool loosely around 4 fingers 10 to 20 times
- tightly tie a long piece of wool around the bottom of the circle of
- Trim the top end of the loop
- Put the end of the long piece through the hole in the top of the
bookmark so the tassel dangles as much as you like
- Tie the long piece on and trim the end
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Ocean Bookmark with maze on back (color)
Print friendly version of these instructions