DLTK's Crafts for Kids
This is a simple mobile made up of printed ocean shells and fish (you could add real shells with small holes in them as well!).
We usually create our mobiles by using two straws or sticks taped or tied in a
criss-cross or by using one paper towel or gift wrap roll with all the pieces tied to it (this isn't as
3D a mobile, but is good for recycling).
- a printer,
- a piece of paper
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- string or yarn.
- small paper plate or circle of cardboard (old cereal boxes are a good
source of cardboard) AND two straws or sticks
- a paper towel roll
- ice cream container lid
- Print out the template of choice. You can
print out as many as you want to fill up your mobile.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the
template pieces along the dotted lines.
- Fold the template pieces in half and glue the
back and front together. Let dry.
- Poke a small hole in the top of each piece and tie with yarn or
string to the mobile you've chosen
Paper Towel Roll Mobile:
Criss Cross Straws Mobile:
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).