DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Handprint and Footprint Peacock Craft
We used Kaitlyn's handprints and
footprint to make our peacock (age 8).
- a printer,
- something to color with.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color craft pieces if you printed the black and white version of the template.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult
- Trace around child's foot (or for a bigger peacock, around an adult's
foot) onto dark blue construction paper. The foot will
serve as the peacock's body.
- Trace around child's hands multiple times on different colours of
construction paper (gift wrap works too).
- The trick to the peacock is that more hand prints make it better!
- Optional: You can decorate the handprints with squiggly marker lines, glitter glue pens, sequins or real feathers.
- An Alternative: You can combine the hands of the whole family
or classroom to make one big peacock!
- Glue the handprints onto the body in layers to make the tail feathers
(see picture above).
- Glue the face and feet from the printable template to the body to
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).