DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Handprint and Footprint Peacock Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
We used Kaitlyn's handprints and
footprint to make our peacock (age 8).
- a printer,
- something to color with.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color craft pieces if you printed the black and white version of the template.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult
- Trace around child's foot (or for a bigger peacock, around an adult's
foot) onto dark blue construction paper. The foot will
serve as the peacock's body.
- Trace around child's hands multiple times on different colours of
construction paper (gift wrap works too).
- The trick to the peacock is that more hand prints make it
- Optional: You can decorate the handprints with squiggly marker
lines, glitter glue pens, sequins or real feathers.
- An Alternative: You can combine the hands of the whole family
or classroom to make one big peacock!
- Glue the handprints onto the body in layers to make the tail feathers
(see picture above).
- Glue the face and feet from the printable template to the body to
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions