Tasha "taught" me all about penguins one day. Two interesting facts that I was surprised she knew were that they live at the south pole not the north pole and that they use their wings for swimming not for flying.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- Glue on the white "bib".
- Glue on the black wings (on a real penguin they sort of face straight down when they're just standing around, but Tasha sort of likes to make him look like he's waving.).
- Fold the beak on the dotted line and glue the bottom half to the tube.
- Fold the feet and glue the tabs to the inside of the tube.
- Glue on the eyes and the bow/bowtie depending on whether you want a girl or a boy.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).