DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Chameleon Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This adorable chameleon craft uses a printable template and a
paper plate to make a project suitable for a reptiles or color green theme or just for fun.
This paper plate chameleon craft is a great accompaniment to the children’s
The Mixed-Up Chameleon
by Eric Carle.
- green paint and paintbrush (or you can use your imagination...
chameleons change colours to match their surroundings).
- paper plate,
- something to color with (or color printer),
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate green (or camoflauge colour you
would like to use
if you prefer).
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for young children to
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make a chameleon face:
- Glue the eyes onto the sides of the head.
- Glue the horn between the eyes.
- Glue the mouth under the nose.
Template - Chameleon : (color)
Print friendly version of these instructions