This adorable chameleon craft uses a printable template and a
paper plate to make a project suitable for a reptiles or color green theme or just for fun.
This paper plate chameleon craft is a great accompaniment to the children’s
The Mixed-Up Chameleon
by Eric Carle.
- green paint and paintbrush (or you can use your imagination... chameleons change colours to match their surroundings).
- paper plate,
- something to color with (or color printer),
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate green (or camoflauge color you would like to use if you prefer).
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for young children to cut out.
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make a chameleon face:
- Glue the eyes onto the sides of the head.
- Glue the horn between the eyes.
- Glue the mouth under the nose.